FATE (Families Against Terrorism and Extremism) is a growing network of civil society organisations and families united in the aim to safeguard loved ones from the dangers of radicalisation, extremism and terrorism.
Launched in Paris in 2016, FATE is now a central consortium of over 85 organisations across Europe and North Africa, and over 200 families who have been directly impacted by extremism and terrorism.
Quilliam is one of the organisations that is committed to playing a leading, coordinating role in this family, and in the last year we have:
- convened two international summits, building a strong global network of over 85 civil society organisations
- organised more than a dozen skills-building workshops in four different countries, training hundreds of activists and empowering thousands more
- run several awareness-raising social media campaigns, helping families to know their role in counter-extremism and understand where to find support
- collaborated with FATE members to develop familiy-themed counterspeech
- directly supported FATE organisations at their own local events, leading to strong grassroots impact
- raised awareness of the great work of FATE members, helping to link up families and vulnerable individuals to their local efforts