London, travel in Zones 1-4 and expenses covered
Quilliam is seeking an intern to work in our Islamic Studies research department.
The internship is for three months and will be for approximately 3 days a week (with the potential for 5 days if available).
Ideal candidates are required to have:
• an undergraduate degree in Arabic, Islamic studies or a related field
• a strong commitment to, and understanding of, the work and aims of Quilliam
• a strong interest in issues of Islamic scripture, reform & human rights
• good command of English, written and verbal
• (optional:) good command of Arabic, written and verbal
• willingness to work flexibly and be responsive to the 24-hour news agenda
• the ability to translate classical Islamic texts from Arabic to English
• experience in media and/or front line communications
• a Master’s degree
• outreach experience within Muslim communities
Successful applicants will be contacted for interview within one week of the closing date. Start date will be as soon as possible in May 2013.
We may appoint an intern before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Only successful applicants will be contacted. This is an unpaid internship, but Travel expenses will be paid.