Location: Central London
Quilliam is seeking an intern to assist in our research department. Successful candidates will be required to assist on a variety of projects involving research into domestic and international extremism. Besides this, they will also attend think tank and policy events across London (with or on behalf of Quilliam) and will be encouraged to contribute to our online media presence. The intern may also be required to assist in the daily operational running of a think tank and its fundraising activity.
The internship is for a fixed term of three months and will be for a minimum of three days a week (with the potential for five days if available).
Ideal candidates will have:
• strong undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
• experience in academic research
• firm commitment to the work and aims of Quilliam
• strong interest in – and demonstrable knowledge of – radicalisation and extremism-related issues
• excellent command of English, written and verbal
• willingness to work flexibly on a range of different projects
Desirable attributes are:
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• good command of Arabic, Farsi or Urdu, written and verbal
• experience in media and/or frontline communications
Closing date: 10-05-14
Successful applicants will be contacted for interview within one week of the closing date. Start date will be in May 2014.We may appoint an intern before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.
Please send a brief covering letter and CV to [email protected] Only successful applicants will be contacted. This is an unpaid internship, but travel expenses of up to £12.50 per day will be paid.