Islamic Studies Research Intern at Quilliam
Location: London, travel in zones 1-4 and expenses covered
Quilliam is seeking an intern to work in our Islamic Studies research department.
The internship is for three months and will be for at least 3 days a week (with the potential for 5 days if available).
Ideal candidates are required to have:
- An undergraduate degree in Islamic studies or a related field
- A strong commitment to, and understanding of, the work and aims of Quilliam
- A strong interest in issues of Islamic scripture, reform & human rights
- Good command of English, written and verbal
- Good command of Arabic, written and verbal (to C1 level or above)
- Willingness to work flexibly and be responsive to the 24-hour news agenda
Desirable skills are:
- The ability to translate classical Islamic texts from Arabic to English
- Experience in media and/or front line communications
- A Master’s degree
- Outreach experience within Muslim communities
The closing date for applications is 04-04-2014. We may appoint an intern before the closing date if an exceptional candidate is found.
Successful applicants will be contacted for interview within one week of the closing date. Start date will be as soon as possible in March/April 2014.
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] Only successful applicants will be contacted.
This is an unpaid internship, but travel and lunch expenses (up to £12.50 per day) will be paid.