Location: Central London
Quilliam is seeking a volunteer for its jihadism research department. Successful volunteers will work principally with primary sources — in particular, Islamic State and al-Qaeda communiques. Besides this, they will also attend think tank and policy events across London (with or on behalf of Quilliam) and will be encouraged to contribute to our online media presence.
As it is on a volunteer basis, there will be no fixed hours and attendance is flexible. Travel expenses of up to £12.50 per day will be paid.
• fluency in classical Arabic
• strong undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
• experience in academic research
• firm commitment to the work and aims of Quilliam
• strong interest in –- and demonstrable knowledge of – study of jihadism
Desirable attributes are:
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• prior experience in Arabic- to English-language translation
Send an email to [email protected] if you’d like to learn more.